Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Happened

Priya has now decided to become a teenager. Yes, you read correctly...at age 4. We had our first fight over wardrobe attire this morning before preschool. See, it is 60 degrees and raining. I put Priya into a cute new sweater (well, I thought it was cute) so she would, you know, not freeze. Priya decided that it was NOT a cute sweater, NOT worthy of her time, and certainly NOT worthy of wearing. Today's struggle brought me to a realization that this will be the first of many, many wardrobe arguments that are sure to come over the years. I'M NOT READY!!!

Ah well, the sweater can go into the Jacki box I suppose.

6 comments:

Anna said...

ahh, welcome to my world!

Tami said...

I have run into this with my BOY! Yeah, the secret is to hide all clothes that are the wrong season or what not and put clothes in the drawers that are acceptable and let her choose. Camden will not let me pick his clothes EVER-although I have veto power on Sunday. Anything he decides isn't cool, at least Parker will wear :)

Decker and Christine said...

Hey Monica!

Great blog...you are hilarious. Sorry about your premature teenager years. I'm sure this means she'll grow out of them all that much sooner...

...well, one can dream anyway. Good luck with that.

Anna said...

super...love your comment on my blog, it was perfect!

The Alands said...

Monica, seriously facebook is not that cool!! You are slacking in the blogging world.

Lyric said...

totally - 4 and 14 have a LOT in common.

I used to have to make Avia stand outside the door in the shorts and t-shirt she insisted that she wanted to wear. In Chicago. In January. The neighbors must have thought I was abusive but it was the only way I could convince her to put on winter clothes.

Live Traffic Feed